Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Discussion forum for Styles & Styling.

Tutorial: Creating virtual bonsai by Rod Lovett

8 years 9 months ago #16086 by Timoteo Battad, Jr.
Howzit Rod,

That was a really cool presentation! :) Now to find a program for my Mac.

A Hui Hou,
-Tim B)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #16088 by dean sear
hi rod
love the presentation it is alway a handy way for us like if we had a tree we post pic of tree naturally and then we do a vert of our own tree and post that and get a comment on both to better our own ways in doing the trees
cheers dean

a simple question or hard should at least be answered or attempted to be solved
cheers dean

8 years 9 months ago #16089 by Rod Lovett
Thanks guys, Tim there must be a program for a mac somewhere out there, hope you find one could be someone on the forum that could help.
Dean my idea for doing this post is to try and encourage people to do their own , mate not because I don`t want to I like doing them. I feel every time I do one for someone I increase my styling skills ,thats why I like doing them.
I really think most of us should be able to have a go at them, and then with a little more guidance get better and better at it.

Maybe a good thing to do would be to download one that I have already done and use it to practice on , that maybe not as daunting as starting one from scratch. You could add or remove branches maybe do the same with foliage, hey you have nothing to lose. I have done it on some great trees done by some of the worlds best bonsai artists , just to increase my own skills.

Cheers Rod...
The following user(s) said Thank You: dean sear

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #16091 by Brenden Prazner
This posts deserves to be sticky - so I made it sticky! :)

8 years 9 months ago #16092 by Peter Woosley
Apple iPhoto i think is the Mac program Tim. Most of them are probably much the same or at least have very similar functions. Once you get the software mate its just a matter of trial and error and perseverance until you become familiar with it. Good luck with it Tim.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #16093 by dean sear
hi tim
did a bit of research as all i can do at moment and came up with 2 possible choices for you to download a paint program for mac

1:www.paintbrush.en.softonic.com 2:www.tuxpaint.org
hope they work
cheers dean

a simple question or hard should at least be answered or attempted to be solved
cheers dean

8 years 9 months ago #16094 by Timoteo Battad, Jr.

Peter Woosley wrote: Apple iPhoto i think is the Mac program Tim. Most of them are probably much the same or at least have very similar functions. Once you get the software mate its just a matter of trial and error and perseverance until you become familiar with it. Good luck with it Tim.

Mahalo Peter for the information. I do have iPhoto on my Mac but you can't manipulate photos. It's a program that you use to download your photos from your camera to your Mac and do a little adjustments to it. I would love to have Photoshop but that puppy would cost me an arm-n-a leg!!:( :(

A Hui Hou,
-Tim B)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #16095 by Timoteo Battad, Jr.

dean sear wrote: hi tim
did a bit of research as all i can do at moment and came up with 2 possible choices for you to download a paint program for mac

1:www.paintbrush.en.softonic.com 2:www.tuxpaint.org
hope they work
cheers dean

Howzit Dean,

Much Mahalo for the research. I checked them out but I found one that works the best. It's by gimp.org.

www.gimp.org/macintosh/

It's a cool program and it's easy to use. Again, Mahalo for the help.:) :)

A Hui Hou,
-Tim B)

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 years 9 months ago #16097 by Anthony W
Thanks for sharing Rod, once again a great presentation, should be interesting with my computer ability. Cheers mate.

4 years 2 months ago #47086 by phung nguyen
Thanks Rod. I played around with the clone to create background with the texture from the original one.

Cheers

Phung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rod Lovett

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds