Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Discussion forum for Styles & Styling.

Almost Yamadori - 5

5 years 3 months ago #47381 by adam k
Has the appearance of 2 apexes/ trees
A 2 tail cascade almost
I like this one nice work
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leong Kwong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #47382 by Leong Kwong
Yes Adam is a two crown two tail cascade, the top tail got too heavy and over power the lower crown. So it has to be taken out, and to balance it the second tail have to be adjusted too. Watty mention about been too busy which I am a bit confused as to what he meant. All suggestions/comments are most welcome to finalize the structure.
Thank you.
yours sincerely.
Leong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #47385 by wattynine
Hi Leong, have spent some time catching back up on this thread and firstly to commend you on what you have done so far.
The termination of trunk to branches is one of the most difficult I have seen, on this tree.
My thoughts are that simply where trunk becomes branches, everything is under the tree and five sets of downward facing branches come from under the tree.
You, of course, have the benfit of 3 dimensions, but would it benefit from the removal of the Jin underneath which cuts across the view of the rear cascade?
I will have a play later today with this photo and " shop" it a little, also to remove the counter flow of the Jin at the top.?
I would consider "opening" the tight turn at the top above the apex where the the branch come back to meet the trunk.
Just my thoughts and I am just as interested in why you would not do this if you feel it detrimental to the design,
Thanks for questioning
Watty

Back again, not sure how to move the "loop" at the top away from the structure of the tree but here are the couple of suggestions put into an amateur "vert" (Rod will be laughin' his head off no doubt)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leong Kwong, JC, adam k

5 years 3 months ago #47388 by Leong Kwong
Is a bit hard to explain what it has going with this juni. There are two three sixty degree loops to compress the meter long juni to about 60cm. Any way time will tell when the composition is completed. But I sure do appreciate the suggestions and input. I am sure there are more and it sure would help. Thanks again Watty please don't hesitate to suggest if there are more ideas.
thank you.
Yours sincerely.
leong.

5 years 3 months ago #47391 by JC
Hi Jerry

Not for GLASSHOPPER!!

JC

4 years 9 months ago #50022 by Leong Kwong
The next step for this juni is to make a 1-1.5 meter tall pot like this one in the picture to bring the effect out. Here is the picture along this line.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k, Taffy

4 years 9 months ago #50024 by JC
Hi Leong

Whoa that's different, stunning,awesome all at the same time.

If I was at a show & saw that it would be hard to walk away to the next.

That is a really nice natural branch structure for a cascade.

JC

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds