Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Discussion forum for Styles & Styling.

Almost yamadori 6

7 years 8 months ago #33285 by Leong Kwong
Got a bit of time instead of styling tree no 5 got to do no 6 first. I think I have got the numbering system some how confused. :( :(
Here are the pictures of this juni. ????? which would you prefer with or without the jins. All comments/suggestion/opinions are most welcome.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely.
Leong.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #33286 by Leong Kwong
Last two pictures.

This version

Or this version

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

7 years 8 months ago #33287 by Stuart Myhill
I was lucky enough to sneak a hour in after work today. This is a classic case of the picture not doing the justice for the tree.

This is a nice tree Leong and I agree with losing the Jins. I would like to see a virt where the bottom branch starts to cascade down at more of a angle? Just a thought....

Wouldn't mind having a couple of these to play with.

7 years 8 months ago #33288 by David Willoughby
Hi Leong,

Great result from where you had to start from mate, in a couple of years time this will be a fantastic tree. I have to ask, are you going to keep the straight section of the trunk as is (the part that connects the canopy) or do you intend on tweaking that a bit to give it some subtle movement that will compliment the other half ?

Cheers

David

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #33289 by Leong Kwong
Sorry David what you see now is most likely be what it is. the straight sections of this juni is pretty much impossible to bend. You might be able to see a cable tie on the very top of the trunk where it bend, this is holding the crack togather. All the way down the straight section is a shari which was not unveil and is covered by the dead bark. Photos certainly do cover up lots of the real things, and is difficult most of the time to see what it is. I would dearly love to compact the two setions of the trunk and give the crown a bit more movement instead of the straightness but is not to be. The best out come would be what time can do as it develops. Would love to hear from the others and more ideas to improve from where it is.
Thank you .
Leong.

7 years 8 months ago #33294 by David S
Very nice, Leong.

I like it. I'll look forward to seeing it upon my next visit :)

Assume nothing, question everything.

7 years 8 months ago #33297 by Jason
Hi leong, fab tree mate,

Just a little bit envious of you with this one. I think though that all I would change if it were mine would be take the apex towards the trunk by about half it's width, follow suit with the mid pad and have some small Jin underneath.

Either way, a beautiful tree and eager to see it progress.

Regards, jason

Tree-riffic!!!! :)

7 years 8 months ago #33300 by Chris
I think I like it without the jins, makes more simple and classic. I also like pot.

Great job Leong..

7 years 8 months ago #33341 by adam k
i think without Jins Leong, but im still not a fan of this one,
i cant get past that long straight section, theres no harmony between it & the main trunkline to my view

7 years 8 months ago #33347 by Leong Kwong
I couldn't agree with you more Adam. That straight section is a problem child. If you look close enough is also reversed tapered to a degree. The 2/3 of the top section is all natural shari, then the rest is live vein. As I said to David the top cracked when I try to bend it. Well when it settle and give it time, see if separating the life vein from the shari would do the trick or else it could be fire wood material. You win some you loose some. :) No pain no gain eh. Such is life. :(
Yours sincerely.
Leong.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds