Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Discussion forum for Styles & Styling.

Juniper twin trunk

2 years 1 month ago #54792 by chris
Hello everyone, i am trying to put my head down and get stuck into some of my trees before it gets too hot. I got this juniper from bonsai south and as usual it is some beautiful material (thanks leong). I am just looking for some ideas/sugestions on what to do i have my own ideas on what to do i have wired a few branches and cut off many branches with more to go.one question i have is should i keep the pot flat as is or on the angle (see photos). Cheers chris

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: leong, adam k, john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #54795 by leong
Almost there Chris, just make sure that they are styled as individuals and like a father towering over the child and to a degree protecting the child. The larger tree should be majestic and strong, the smaller a little soft and dominated/protect by the larger. Much give both tree definition. Have fun.
Yours sincerely.
Leong.

2 years 1 month ago #54801 by JC
Hi Chris

There is another little thing that comes into play regarding the twin trunk that makes all the difference as well if it is possible.

It is better if the parent trunk is leaning slightly forward as in protecting the child away from harm, if that helps you make a decision also ?

That is going to be a stunner keep us all posted with the progress please, love it.

JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k, Mark

2 years 1 month ago #54803 by adam k
Hi Chris
Looks like the angle is the way to go
Cheers Adam

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds