Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Discussion forum for Styles & Styling.

Tall Tee Tree

1 year 7 months ago #57027 by john
Hi all,
Have recently the nice experience of a collected tree roaring back to full power...Was a little unsure as collected with minimum amount of roots ,collected another at the same time which I was sure would be a success ,plenty of nice fine roots .zilch...never can tell.
This one stands 115 cm tall . First question ,am I pushing the boundary's in regards to being a Bonsai ? Could not resist the snaking live vain and old fire damaged trunk. Would love to hear a few styling suggestions.
Cheers John.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #57030 by JC
Hi John

Crikey what a score, definitely a Literati Penjing :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nice slow taper this is going to be one rugged elegant tall Aussie for sure, has look at me all over it.

BTW: Nothing wrong with pushing the boundaries, I think that it is another way of increasing ones skills. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Love it.

JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark

1 year 7 months ago #57031 by Mark
Wow! John that is a great find. Good luck with the styling decision, I'm looking forward to see how turns out.
Cheers..

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #57032 by JC
Hi John

Just in case I would keep the deadwood at the top as a feature as well, maybe work it a bit.

Not sure you have this book? www.amazon.com/Literati-Style-Penjing-Ch...rworks/dp/1602200181

Most of his are over the 1000mm mark in height.

JC

1 year 7 months ago #57034 by john
Hi mark ,will keep everyone informed with this one ,just hope I can do it justice.....
Hi J.C. Thanks for the impute . I have The Literati Style Penjing book ,WOW what an inspirational read. Starting to get a little worn out from constant re-reading .Have been tinkering with a few trees in his style. Maybe one day :whistle:
Cheers John.

1 year 7 months ago #57043 by Anthony W
Hi John, great stock you have there.

Had a little fun with your trees, the first one kept your trunk angle and the second one layed the tree down a bit, I actually like both angles and with the foliage many scenarios there. ...cheers

Anthony

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

1 year 7 months ago #57045 by john
Hi Anthony ,They both look like fantastic designs. Thanks.. Have several others but growth can be somewhat slow. This big fellow was full sun and just one heavy water per day. Hopefully it will keep on firing.
Cheers John..

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds