Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Discussion forum for Soils and Potting Media.

Fert cakes.

3 years 9 months ago #50587 by ben
Hi.
Am keen to try making some fertilizer cakes. I need to find some Soya bean meal or canola meal or cottonseed meal. Ideally small amount as I'm just experimenting.
Anybody have any suggestions???

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #50590 by Dwayne Johnson
I just bought a 20kgs bag to try this out my self, worked really well except for the possums eating them as soon as they were placed on the plants.
So am going to have to come up with a solution for that, back to nitrosol for now.
I bought a bag of soya bean meal for $30 from local pet food supplier. If you live anywhere near Wollongong would be happy to sell u a small amount so you can't trial it your self.

Cheers dwayne
I'm a bonsai newb

Cheers dwayne
I'm a bonsai slightly better than a newb

3 years 9 months ago #50594 by Adam
In bonsai with Australian native plants. By Dorothy and vita koreshoff they have a recipe
Hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben

3 years 9 months ago #50595 by ben

Pebble wrote: I just bought a 20kgs bag to try this out my self, worked really well except for the possums eating them as soon as they were placed on the plants.
So am going to have to come up with a solution for that, back to nitrosol for now.
I bought a bag of soya bean meal for $30 from local pet food supplier. If you live anywhere near Wollongong would be happy to sell u a small amount so you can't trial it your self.

Cheers dwayne
I'm a bonsai newb

Cheers Dwayne. I am busy this weekend. But maybe the next i can come get a few kgs. :)

3 years 9 months ago #50596 by ben
I actually took another angle today, made a brew from a recipe Brenda from our club gave me. I think its gonna be awesome

3 years 9 months ago #50597 by ben

Smith wrote: In bonsai with Australian native plants. By Dorothy and vita koreshoff they have a recipe
Hope this helps

Im unable to find this.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds