Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× "Style Challenges" is a forum where you can post a picture of a tree challenging forum members to recommend a way to style and shape this tree.

Juni ready for styling

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #25397 by ILIYA VRANKOVIC
Hello all,
I picked up this Juniper from Bonsaisouth today, i am looking for your ideas on styling this tree.
The trunk diameter is about 45cm thick.... not sure how old it is - maybe Leong can let us know.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #25399 by David S
nice tree...probably 20-30 yrs old IMO?

maybe clean it up first and then post some pics, it's a little hard to tell what branching you've got underneath that big crown....

Also - if you want people to help with virts, it's makes it ALOT easier if you take it completely front on and shoot it on a black or white background

Assume nothing, question everything.

8 years 2 months ago #27097 by ILIYA VRANKOVIC
I will be attending the tops weekend workshop with Marc Noelanders and have decided to use this Juni as my material to play with.
I am keen to see what suggestions Marc will have and what the outcome of this tree will be.... The Nervs have already started to kick in! :unsure:

8 years 2 months ago #27099 by Stuart Myhill
Wow iliya, can't wait to see how this tree turns out

8 years 2 months ago #27116 by CraftyTanuki
20-30 yr old tree + Noelanders touch = cant wait for pics. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

To defy the laws of tradition, is a crusade only of the brave.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #27393 by ILIYA VRANKOVIC
I gave it a quick clean up and placed it in a smaller pot just to make it easier to handle while styling.
Here are some updated pics

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #28149 by ILIYA VRANKOVIC
Boy what a weekend! Information overload :S
This was a great experiance and i cant wait for the next one!
Marc is a true gentleman and is extreamly talented.... he makes things look so easy and is so fast at what he does!
When i arived i quickly realised i was the only Non club member at this event and kind of felt like the odd one out until some of the frendly people introduced themselfs and quickly made me feel welcome.
It was great to meet Peter Woosley who was willing to give me a helping hand with wiring my juni during the workshop - Thank Pete!

The workshop was one of the best things i have done and highly recomment it to others!
The only downside was we ran out of time... We were ment to start at 8.30 although marc had a open discussion on each of the trees prior to styling which set us back a good hour.
The tree is 60% wired and styled now and the basic structure of the tree is there... i think i will need a good 8-10 hours to finish this tree ready for potting.

After picking up styling ideas and tips from Marc i fell like re-styling all my other junipers now! :laugh:

Most of the crowd were joking around saying it looks like the Juni styled in the demo`s little brother! hehehe

Here is the Drawing of the tree the Marc did in about 5 mins and a current pic of the tree, i will post so updated pics of when its finished

8 years 1 month ago #28151 by David S
Whoops.. You must have just uploaded

Assume nothing, question everything.

8 years 1 month ago #28156 by David Willoughby
Hi Iliya,

That looks fantastic, what a great outcome. You should frame that drawing too. It sounded like a great experience and I would loved to have attended. Will be on the lookout for future ones thats for sure.

Can't wait to see this one completely wired and potted up. Great tree.

Cheers

David

8 years 1 month ago #28158 by Shane Martin
LOVE IT!!!!! Who's a lucky boy then? :)

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds