Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× "Style Challenges" is a forum where you can post a picture of a tree challenging forum members to recommend a way to style and shape this tree.

Juni ready for styling

7 years 5 months ago #28172 by Peter Woosley
Really nice to meet you over the weekend Iliya. Your tree is going to be a cracker mate, get that apex wired out and foliage positioned mate and you will have a very good quality tree on your benches. Love to see it when you have it finished mate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #28374 by ILIYA VRANKOVIC
Finished wiring and potted it up today... still needs some fine tuning with the crown and branch placement (i ran out of daylight)
It will stay in this pot over the next few years then finally in a stylish round pot

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

7 years 5 months ago #28375 by Rod Lovett
Mate that is a cracker looking Juni, looking forward to seeing you finish refining it. Mate I feel it it could look just a little off balance , maybe a little foliage off the top corner. What do you think ?
cheers Rod...

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

7 years 5 months ago #28376 by ILIYA VRANKOVIC
Spot on Rod! Leong said the same thing... thats the plan for next weekend. Thanks

7 years 5 months ago #28378 by Rod Lovett
Your going to have yourself a fantastic Bonsai, with this one Iliya.
It has a great history already.
Cheers Rod,,,

7 years 5 months ago #28380 by ILIYA VRANKOVIC
Thankyou Rod!

7 years 5 months ago #28402 by Stuart Myhill
Iliya mate, this is an absolute cracker, well done!

7 years 5 months ago #28407 by David S
I agree with the angle. I think it still needs some pinching and wiring. Still looks a little unrefined IMO. Will be amazing once all that is done.

I've started mine as well. I have about 1-2 hours worth of pinching and cleaning out. Then probably 10 hours worth of wiring to do :)

Assume nothing, question everything.

7 years 5 months ago #28409 by ILIYA VRANKOVIC
To be honest the only thing i will be doing is fixing up the right hand side and feeding / pinching over the next year or so.
Once i get it into a more suitable round pot i will be looking at it a bit closer.

7 years 5 months ago #28411 by David S
I'm only a rookie as well Iliya..but that doesn't make sense to me? the whole idea of pinching and wiring out all the small stuff now is so you can induce more backbudding and ramification...why would getting it into the correct pot have any bearing on this?

It's your tree at the end of the day, however, you're just adding years onto the process by waiting...spring is upon us, now is the perect time to be doing this!!! :)

Just my 2 cents worth.

maybe once I post pics of my finished Noelander tree you'll be inspired to finish off yours? hahaha

Assume nothing, question everything.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds