Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× "Style Challenges" is a forum where you can post a picture of a tree challenging forum members to recommend a way to style and shape this tree.

Small Juniper needs help styling

2 years 11 months ago #55225 by Patrik
Im a little lost with this one at the moment.
Im thinking about chopping the top part and doing some sort of semi cascade but need some styling advice.
any help is appreciated.....

- The impossible just takes a little bit more effort -

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #55228 by Anthony W
Hi Patrik found this material little bit tricky.....but I see two options from where i am sitting.

First one, tilt and bend the third widest trunk with some movement if possible looks the skinniest if only slight this would give great movement right through.

Second option, first trunk and same foliage pattern as drawn for the first option.

Maybe some ideas,maybe...easy from here as they say,good luck and keep us posted,...cheers Anthony

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

2 years 11 months ago #55229 by JC
Hi Patrick

If that right hand branch has enough roots underneath to support its growth then I would remove it and you have two trees for the price of one to play with.

I think that Anthony's option two is the way to go as the trunk has great movement and just grow the other branch on for a couple of seasons.

JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony W

2 years 11 months ago #55243 by Bob R
Hi Patrik
Great advice you got from JC and Anthony particularly if your keen to get it looking like a bonsai ASAP. One other option that's less fun in the short term but worth considering is to go slow. Patience is one of the best things bonsai is teaching me and if that sweet little Juniper was mine I would take my time. Just keep feeding and watering well and see what direction you might choose in a year or two. By which time it will grow and develop. You may find it worth while and also could change your mind on direction. Some juni's I have had a few years now I've changed my mind about several times but am happy I did not chop when I first got them.
Just a thought , hope it helps and doesn't confuse things more for you
Bob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, Anthony W, Anthony R

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds