Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Kimura's Bonsai Nursery - Japan

3 years 10 months ago #52657 by LW
Just posting some photos of the Mr Kimura's trees. Our bonsai group visited his nursery last week. I was lucky enough to meet and talk with Mr Kimura about his trees and garden.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Lance

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leong Kwong, adam k, Rod Lovett, Taffy, Anthony W, Farmer J, Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #52662 by JC
Hi Lance

They are breath taking, but I suppose they would more striking in the flesh.

Is there anything average in his garden or are they all show ready & just need the pots oiled up?

JC

3 years 10 months ago #52663 by JC
Hi

I forgot to add. :whistle:

That's has to be the greatest memory shot of all time to hang on the wall in the studio. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Love to use it in the newsletter, with a few of the other photos here?

Flick me a SMS or PM

JC

3 years 10 months ago #52670 by LW
Hi JC,
Sent you an email. Ok to use photos.

Lance
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

3 years 10 months ago #52672 by Chad
some good trees there - its good to see some variation - not just junies or pines

3 years 10 months ago #52687 by LW
Hi JC,
You have to stand right next to these trees to really appreciate them. Kimura does have other trees if you want to call them average?? I would not mention that word to him.

The other stock is behind his house and it's is off limits to the public, you only get to see the ones out the front. I did peak over the fence!!

Regarding show ready, in away they are semi ready. But before they go to an exhibition the apprentices will spend days on wiring, trimming, cleaning etc. Also a lot of trees on display at the nurseries belong to their clients. This is how the nurseries make their money also.

Just think how much it would cost preparing a clients tree for an exhibition, plus the entry fee. Major exhibitions in Japan $500 up to $1,500 US

The pots, well that is another story, most of the trees are slipped into antique pots for the exhibition. They do not leave the trees in pots worth thousands of dollars on the benches.

To really appreciate Japanese bonsai you have to come to Japan, it's just another world over here when it comes to bonsai.

Lance

PS - Home on Thursday, this trip has been the best one to Japan, 3 weeks of gardens, bonsai and great, people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leong Kwong, JC, Anthony W, Mr Badhair, Mark

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds