Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Museum, Japan

3 years 10 months ago #52685 by LW
On 26th November our bonsai group had the pleasure of visiting Kunio Kobayashi's Shunka-en Bonsai Museum which is located in the Edogawa district of Tokyo.

Shunka-en is one of the most well known bonsai museums in the world and has some of Japan’s finest antique bonsai containers.

Mr Kobayashi would be, in my opinion, the best bonsai display setups in Japan. Although it is a museum, it is also a nursery. Unfortunately, Mr Kobayashi was not in attendance that day as he was demonstrating in Tokyo.

The museum has a beautiful display of antique pots from China and Japan, and also has a number of tokonoma rooms all set up with trees and scrolls, etc.

The displays are changed every few days. Outside there is a beautiful koi pond with a stream running into it.

The museum has undergone some major changes since we were there in February 2015.

No matter how many times you visit these nurseries in Japan, there is always something different about them when you revisit them.

I have selected a number of photos of my favourite trees at the museum.

I hope you enjoy them.

This will be my last posting from here in Japan as we are heading home tomorrow, the 7th December - I just hope Qantas is in a good mood when we check in, as the bags are a lot heavier going back home.

Once home, I will do some more posts about other nurseries we visited.

Finally, thank you for all your comments.

Lance

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leong Kwong, adam k, Rod Lovett, chook, Derek Oakley, Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #52690 by JC
Hi lance

Thanks once again good stuff in keeping us all inspired over here.
JC

3 years 10 months ago #52696 by Paul Carey
Lance

Thanks very much for the huge numbers of photos you've over the past few weeks, well done and quite inspiring. I hope to get across to Japan for the World Conference next year and have made a note of the places you have visited particularly the nurseries.

Regards
Paul C

3 years 10 months ago #52699 by Anthony W
Yes well done Lance,big appreciation of the details and beautiful images of your visit.

cheers Anthony

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds