Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Searching for L W

3 years 7 months ago #53702 by Rod Whiting
This is a bit unusual but as my previous post said I am looking for Hirosima bonsai nurseries and after searching through all posts I found some from user LW who visited Hiroshima last year , so if LW would could pm me with hopefully some addresses and or names I would be grateful . Regards RodW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #53704 by adam k
Hi Rod had a quick search on the net and came up with this
if you take the train from the Hiroshima station to Shin-Hiroshima (one stop - takes about 15 minutes), there is a small community of bonsai nurseries close to the railway station. We located five different nurseries there.
One called seiju-en
Thursday is usually a day that they're all closed apparently
Regards Adam

3 years 7 months ago #53714 by JC
Hi Rod

I'll get in touch with him and let him know what you are after.

JC

3 years 7 months ago #53717 by Rod Whiting
Thank you Adam I will try chasing that information at this end , very nice of you to take the time thanks again RodW .

3 years 7 months ago #53718 by Rod Whiting
Thank you J C I will wait for yours or Lance's reply ! As with Adam thank you for taking the time to help me RodW .

3 years 7 months ago #53730 by LW
Hi Rod,
Yes, I was in Hiroshima in early December after doing a bonsai tour with Bjorn Bjorholm. I did do some research before we left but really could not find any bonsai nurseries in Hiroshima.

I asked Bjorn if there were any bonsai nurseries around Hiroshima but Bjorn said he also did not know of any nurseries there.

The only bonsai trees we came across were at the Shukkeien Gardens in Hiroshima. This garden is must see garden, as they have so many black pines growing in the ground and they just look like over-sized bonsai trees.

We were not too concerned about not seeing any bonsai nurseries in Hiroshima as there was so much to do and look at e.g. the Peace Park, Atomic Dome, gardens, temples, etc.

Hiroshima is a beautiful place to visit after what happened there on the 6th August 1945.

Also if you do get a chance you must take the boat ride to Miyajima Island.

Lance
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #53731 by Rod Whiting
Thank you so much Lance , yes we saw the three trees at Shukkiein Garden and as you say all of the pines just won't let you put your camera away , truly an amazing garden . We have been to the peace park and it absolutely horrifies you to see the result of just what we humans can do to one another . Friday is our trip to Miyajima island and we are looking forward to it very much .
You are right this is a very beautiful city full of lovely people .
Adam k gave me a lead on some nurseries but although he did his best the information was just not precise enough and even with the help of some English speaking locals I have had no luck , I guess I will have to wait until I get to Kyoto .
Once again thank you very much for helping out and also to Adam & JC too , much appreciated .
RodW
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

3 years 7 months ago #53761 by adam k
Hi Rod is it the Time of year for the cherry blossom festivals ?

3 years 7 months ago #53762 by Rod Whiting
Hi Adam yes it has started I have seen it in Osaka last week and some in Shukeien garden in Hiroshima ( fantastic Japanese garden Black pines every where in this garden just like taller bonsai all trimmed ) . Off to Kyoto tomorrow for our last week and expect to see quite a lot more blossom there . Regards RodW
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k

3 years 7 months ago #53763 by JC
Hi Rod

Hope you have some photos to up load for us soggy people in NSW?

JC

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds