Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Yamadori bougainvillia

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #55702 by Bob R
Hi All,
I'm sure there's a few " big bonsai " fans here that will enjoy these pictures.
For a few years I have been keeping an eye out for a chance to collect a large bougainvillea.
Saw a couple of beauties on-line and decided I really needed one of those! Anyhow the bonsai
stars must have aligned for me because one became available right next door to my place
That meant I was able to cut it back and clear the site a few weeks before the digging.
October long weekend with some help from a friend we dug it out and got it home.
Because there were only two of us I had to remove most of the top and the root ball to lift it.
The good news is it sprouted three shoots on the seventh week after collecting. This week it's
shooting much more.
Hopefully it will become a central feature in my front yard

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k, Anthony W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #55705 by JC
Hi Bob

Yup have to love the big gifts from time to time although when you are digging them out they don't seem like gifts.

But when they have selected branches that mother nature and you had a part in, then it all becomes worthwhile.

Down the track if you are looking for a fertilizer to feed it with, I use Neutrog Sudden Impact for Roses from the big green shed.

Both my biggies get covered in colored bracts as well as other stuff in the garden.

JC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds