Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Bonsai shows and events. Clubs and events welcome to promote.

Local display & exhibition

3 months 1 week ago #59229 by JC
Hi Nanette

Hope you don't mind I did a bit of a search and it looks as though it is with the Tondoon Botanic Gardens.

Barry Meiring has been parks and conservation senior coordinator for the past three years.

Mr Meiring has been an avid fan of bonsai since he was a little kid growing up in Cape Town, South Africa.

Over the years he has created hundreds of bonsai. The art form has provided him with a lifelong passion.

Address: 672 Glenlyon Rd, Glen Eden QLD 4680
Phone: (07) 4971 4444

JC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #59241 by Jon
Sorry for the late reply Nanette!
Thank you for your comments. We are just 3 friends that get together regularly so we’re not actually a club.
JC has done a great job researching the Gladstone group for you.

Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

3 months 1 week ago #59243 by Beau Pett
Hello Nanette, JC and Jon,

My name is Beau. I’m a part of the Gladstone group. We operate with the Botanic Gardens.

Nanette, if you want more information you can call the botanic gardens or you can email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . I’ll happily give you some more information. We are always looking for more bonsai people.

JC and Jon, next time you do something like this I’d love to come up and see. You guys put on a wonderful display. We have some members in the group that would definitely travel up to see something like that too. If you guys want more info about the Gladstone group or want to stay in touch with us my email is above. I think we should definitely make contact as it’s a bit more challenging being in a regional area.

We also run an annual show in October. Last year we brought up Steve Cullum and Hugh Grant. They did some workshops with us and some demos. We also had a display.

Hopefully talk to you all soon.

Kind regards,

Beau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, Rod Lovett, Jon

3 months 1 week ago #59244 by JC
Hi Beau

Just to clear it up I had no part in a great job of putting together the display and considering there are only 3 friends involved, they did a bang up job.

I also sincerely wish that this effort goes a long way in creating a group in Gladstone to promote the hobby in that area.

JC :) :) :)

3 months 1 week ago #59245 by Beau Pett
Hello JC,

Sorry for my oversight. I must have read it wrong.

Yes I agree they did a pretty great job.

Thank you for that. I think we are going pretty well at the moment. Last count we had 22 people who have joined the group. Everyone seems to be keen to learn and further themselves in bonsai.

Beau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

3 months 1 week ago #59246 by Nanette
JC thank you enormously for doing that research on my behalf.

Beau, I will be in touch and very keen to know more.

Jon, knowing that your display was put on by just three friends is very impressive. Congratulations and well done!

Thank you Rod for your direction.

Kind regards
Nanette
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, Rod Lovett, Jon

3 months 1 week ago #59251 by Jon
Thank you Nanette and Beau for your very nice comments.
We have been so excited to receive such positive feedback, we have already booked the same venue for the same time next year.

Sorry for not letting the forum know prior to our display, I think that was a huge oversight on my part..... I will post the details of our next one with more notice..

Thanks again
Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leong Kwong, JC

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds