Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Bonsai shows and events. Clubs and events welcome to promote.

Bonsai Open

1 month 3 weeks ago #59921 by Steve Reeve

Open to all Australian bonsai artists, the Bonsai Open is an annual premier “Australian” bonsai competition.

To ensure exceptional bonsai are exhibited alongside the Central Coast Bonsai Club’s annual show, a significant prize pool is being offered:
1st Place $3,000
2nd Place $1,000
3rd Place $ 500
Best Australian native tree bonsai $ 500 + $200 Native yamadori voucher from “Tree Makers”

Refer to the attached Guideline and Entry Form for application details.

A superb display of bonsai, demonstrations (Tony Bebb, Andrew Edge and Hugh Grant), vendor sales areas, club members & guest sales tables, raffles and sponsor sales tables are sure to draw large crowds of bonsai enthusiasts.

Accommodation (Discounted prices & complimentary bus transport to and from the venue) will be announced shortly.

So….be part of the fun and enter a tree, or two, or three……….

If you do not intend to enter a tree, make sure you pencil the date in your calendar, - it’s a “date not to be missed”.

Proudly brought to you by the Central Coast Bonsai Club
(Bonsai Society of the Central Coast Inc)

Further information contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

File Attachment:

File Name: BonsaiOpen...ment.pdf
File Size:144 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: BonsaiOpen...Form.pdf
File Size:305 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, adam k, Mr Badhair, Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #59922 by JC
Hi Steve

I'll forward it to our club members and Wauchope.

JC

1 month 3 weeks ago #59924 by Steve Reeve
Thanks for your support John - I hope you and your members enter a tree or two.

We really hope this event will both generate interest but more importantly awareness in the general community of this fantastic living art form.

In terms of bus parking, unlike Erina Fair, there is heaps at Mingara......
Certainly many of the Central Coast premises don't compare with other large cities but the Mingara club is our largest club by far and occupies a land area about 500m x 500m.

I marked up in thick red line the border of the Mingara club.
Considering the scale you can see there is heaps of space for buses.....even three wheel speed demon machines can be parked there :)
Regards
Steve

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, adam k

1 month 3 weeks ago #59925 by JC
Hi Steve

At least your lines are straight, not like some of the scribbly lines I see here sometimes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh I think that I have opened the flood gates with that comment :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

JC

1 month 3 weeks ago #59952 by leong
Hi Steve, is a big credit to the club concern and a big congratulation and credit to those that come up with this great idea. I was going to do this 15 years ago when I talk to my counter part in Taiwan. Is a competition exhibition with a printed booklet showing all the competition trees. The booklet can be purchase with the cost of entry. The profit from the book goes to the trust account for next year's competition.. Would love to talk to you when and if you do pay us a visit when you come for the Illawarra bonsai society show.
A big congratulation, if this can't raise the bar for Australian Bonsai then we are in trouble. I hope all the forum members give them a big hand.
Well done all those involved and God Bless.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely.
Leong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, adam k, Anthony W

1 month 3 weeks ago #59958 by Steve Reeve
Hi Leong
Firstly, thanks for writing and expressing your support and secondly for offering to give guidance and share ideas you had been working on.

Our club has a bus visiting the Illawarra show on Saturday before visiting your nursery.

I am not sure if I will make the visit on Saturday yet, if not I will be there on Sunday and look forward to talking with you.

Regards
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

1 month 6 days ago - 1 month 6 days ago #60035 by Steve Reeve
Hi,
We now have entries rolling in for the bonsai open which is fantastic news – thanks to those who have already entered.

The hall we are using is extremely large, so don’t hold back on your entries.

Separately, we have been approached by a Bonsai South forum member to confirm that owner confidentiality will be maintained for all tree entries.

Please refer to attached Entry guidelines (Clause 2) and we trust this satisfies any concerns.

Regards
Steve
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

1 week 1 day ago #60223 by Steve Reeve
Hi Everyone
The Bonsai Open is shaping up to be a great event with the opportunity to see some fantastic bonsai and purchase your bonsai needs from a variety of vendors (details to be announced in the coming week)

The exhibition hall is massive, so if you would like to enter the competition and have a chance to win one of the significant cash prizes, there are only 4 weeks remaining until entries close.

1st Place $3,000
2nd Place $1,000
3rd Place $ 500
Best Australian native tree bonsai $ 500 + $200 Native yamadori voucher from “Tree Makers (Hugh Grant)”

To enter, take a couple of photos, complete the attached form and send an email.

Application is free. If your application is accepted there will be a $20 administration cost.

That’s all you have to do until September………..

Some people have asked who will be judging the competition……It will be Tony Bebb, so it will be impartial and based on a huge amount of experience.

So get cracking, take some photos and send your application form(s) to us.

Regards
Steve

File Attachment:

File Name: BonsaiOpen...5-15.pdf
File Size:306 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, adam k, Anthony W

16 hours 56 minutes ago #60255 by Steve Reeve
Hi,
Just a quick update ….. there are only three weeks remaining to enter your trees in the Bonsai Open.

Take a couple of photos, complete the entry form and email it to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You have to be in it to win it….

Accommodation
A diverse range of accommodation is available on the Central Coast, many offering 5 star experiences. However, there are a couple of economical alternatives close to the venue as shown in the attached brochure.

The Mingara Recreation club has kindly offered to pick up and return Bonsai Open guests staying at any of the nominated accommodation venues.

File Attachment:

File Name: MINGARAAcc...tion.pdf
File Size:780 KB

Re-Potting
Several people have expressed their intention to repot their tree entry prior to the show - in other words the tree as photographed in your application will be different at the time of exhibition. That’s OK – just mention it at the time you enter the tree.

I don't know if my tree is good enough to enter
During the Melbourne convention last week, the most common comment made by people was “I don't know if my tree is good enough to enter”.

As individuals we all have that concern. We encourage you to put it to one side….the only way to be sure is to enter the show and see how you stack up against those trees entered on the day.

So get cracking, take some photos and send your application form(s) to us.

Regards
Steve
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, adam k

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds