Juniper workshop (18 Feb 2017)

We have just completed a juniper workshop...... some of the junis were junis that was originally style by Mark Noelander and Robert Steven

× The Techniques section is a moderated section of the forum to discuss various bonsai techniques.

All posts to this section must be approved by a moderator first.

Jbp

1 year 2 months ago #55205 by Mark
Hi all, just a quick question!
I picked up a couple of pines starters over the winter(5 altogether) and although I'm comfortable with the procedures to develope them it's the timeing with the candle cutting that's my concern. There all powering on well producing plenty of buds and candles but 2 of them have candles that are way more advanced than the rest as the pictures show. Should I cut these now or do I still have time to wait?
Cheers
Slatz

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #55208 by Anthony W
Hi Mark
........... for now just snap on the red lines this will slow them down and distribute the energy to other parts and do this to any other vigour's parts.

We can remove the whole lot later if we have inner tighter growth if you find this too leggy or alternately we cut back to last years needles leaving some pairs to create our smaller needles.

Can do this all work at the same time when deciding our game plan usually first couple of weeks in January for me...living in the Illawarra NSW

Hope this helps...maybe others might have some info for you too.

Like your design,looks funky...cheers

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

1 year 2 months ago #55211 by JC
Hi Mark

I would order the Pine Book from Leong and study it.

The live streams from Ryan Neil Bonsai Mirai gives an easy understanding of the way they grow.

JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony R

1 year 2 months ago #55213 by Mark
Thanks Anthony that's very helpful. It makes a lot of sense to slow the growth down with these candles. My design for that pine is a lot different than that photo, the twisted trunk was from the nursery near me, I've now bent and that pine down a lot and kept the foliage close and compacted to the trunk.
Cheers.

Hi Jc, I have the pine book on the top of my Christmas list so it won't be long.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds