Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

PJF defoliated

9 years 3 months ago #16691 by Rod Lovett
:woohoo: :woohoo: Out of all of the trees you have posted in the last couple of days, this is the one that rings my bell. I love every thing about this tree it is one of the nicest figs I have seen in Australia. What catches my eye is it`s natural look, can you give us a little history on how it was created thanks Leong. Thanks for shareing it ,I don`t think I have seen this guy before.
Cheers Rod..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #16693 by Leong Kwong
This one was an ugly duckling. Is one of the three figs I bought for my three kids. The first owner was Vita Koreshoff. When I bought this tree there was a tag 1962. I bought it in 1978 for $50, when my first child was born. Was a lot of money then but typical me I bought it anyway. Unfortunately because it was not going any where as far as look is concerned it was sitting in the dead corner and let to grow wild until 2002. In 8 years from cutting it down to bare branches/stumps to what it is today, I don't think I got anything to complain about. Because it was an ugly duckling sitting in the dead corner no photos was ever taken. My dead corner is always full of surprises. This what it looks like in 2006. When the first pic was taken for the book.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 3 months ago #16695 by Peter Woosley
Yeah this one is an absolute stunner. This is the tree i told you about Rod and funnily enough i mentioned it was probably the best Banyan styled fig in Australia. It's the real deal this one mate.

9 years 3 months ago #16697 by Rod Lovett
You were on the money Pete, you are full of surprises I didn`t think you had that good an eye for quality. ;) ;) Just jokin Mate I`m getting you mucked up with shan again .:huh: ;)

9 years 3 months ago #16701 by Ashley Field
I reckon this is Ficus obliqua rather than Ficus rubiginosa- have you got a close up of the leaves?
Ash

9 years 3 months ago #16702 by Peter Woosley

Ashley Field wrote: have you got a close up of the leaves?
Ash

He may well have a leaf or 10,000 lying around the nursery today......:whistle:
Looks like a PJ to me..

9 years 3 months ago #16703 by dean sear
looks pj to me aswell with a quick look

a simple question or hard should at least be answered or attempted to be solved
cheers dean

9 years 3 months ago #16706 by Kris Matthews
As Rod said right off the bat, this tree is an absolute stunner... Incredible...

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.

9 years 3 months ago #16714 by Jerry Meislik
Leong,
very nice work. A creation showing the multiple apex typical of deciduous trees.
Congratulations.
Jerry

9 years 3 months ago #16721 by bonsai_dan
G'day Leong. Wow this is a great looking fig. How big is it? and what's the history behind potting it? Have you always had it growing in this pot and just used regular potting methods?

Cheers
Dan

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds