Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Area growing and installation of trees

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #19844 by Fabrice Decroix
In winters, my figs are in the greenhouse. In summer, I leave the cuttings, seedlings and a few trees that I have to work.

Presently, I have trees everywhere

I have another greenhouse for yamadori, shitakusa and one ficus :)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #19845 by Peter Woosley
Are they all ficus fabrice? You certainly have the bug mate.

8 years 7 months ago #19847 by Jerry Meislik
Fabrice,
Why the huge interest in figs? How did this start or develop?
I like seeing your greenhouse and wintering structure.
Jerry

8 years 7 months ago #19850 by Fabrice Decroix
Hello

Peter,

In the first greenhouse, there are mostly ficus. I have my very first plant, Schefflera. A small cutting offered by my father. And there are also some seedlings from my various trips, like Hura Crepitans and acacia sp.

Outside, still a lot of ficus, as well as boxwood, green oak, Scots pine and hawthorn, all collected in the wild. In the second greenhouse, there are basically boxwood collected this winter.

Peter, could you explain or give another word for "the bug" I can't understand the meaning.

Jerry,

My first bonsai was a ficus retusa. I always love, collect seeds of flowers, trees, and planting them. Then I had a second ficus retusa (this one is dead). I discovered the ficus religiosa and the history around this tree. A sacred tree, temples, buddha, India. I love to travel. I searched the internet for information on ficus, I made my first order on the site of seed Silverhillseeds in South Africa.

In most parts of the world, the fig trees are present and there is often a history between the tree and the local populations.

Some African population uses wood of Ficus natalensis to make clothes. Fig trees have many uses in the kitchen, in medicine, in religious beliefs. I find it fascinating.

There is also the relationship between animals and fig trees. For example, when most of the food runs out in the woods and waiting for the rains, the ficus sycomorus still gives her figs and is a true aubenas for monkeys, birds, I can not remember the exact number, but there are more or less 40 different species at this time on this tree.

Reproduction is also fascinating. Its different mode of growth are extaordinaire, the stranglers, the plains, on the rocks. There are deciduous tree...

I stop because I risk of get bored. I hope the English translation is understandable.

Fabrice

8 years 7 months ago #19851 by Peter Woosley

Fabrice Decroix wrote: Peter, could you explain or give another word for "the bug" I can't understand the meaning.

It's an Aussie term meaning the "you are very much into something" Fabrice, in this case it's Bonsai that you are into. Hope that helps explain. I will try to be more conscious of the culture differences mate. :)

8 years 7 months ago #19854 by Fabrice Decroix
Thank you Peter, i understand :)

8 years 7 months ago #19856 by Fabrice Decroix
Masterpieces of future, ficus stuhlmannii :)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

8 years 7 months ago #19858 by Jerry Meislik
Fabrice,
thanks for enlightening us about your collection and Ficus passion.
Jerry

8 years 7 months ago #19863 by Anthony W
Fabrice,
Thank you for sharing,looks like you have the "bug" real bad mate, just like the rest of us,very nice.
cheers Anthony.:)

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds