Juniper workshop (18 Feb 2017)

We have just completed a juniper workshop...... some of the junis were junis that was originally style by Mark Noelander and Robert Steven

Fig maintenance.

2 weeks 5 days ago #58550 by Leong Kwong
Sorry JC is not just make them stand out from the rest. IS ABOUT BRINGING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL. NEAR ENOUGH IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Here is an example of this 1958 Port Jackson Fig. The first picture was great most would have been very happy to have a fig like as shown in the picture. But I saw in couple of years I could bring this fig to the next level and its glory. Here are three pictures - the first, I would say happy if I don't know how to bring it to the next level, the second and third after the two seasons of work and to the level I expect it to be.What was said and shown was to encourage you guys to push your trees and to get them to where they should be " not near enough is good enough ". My apology if what I said here offended any one. Thank you.
Yours sincerely.
Leong.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k, Anthony W, Rod Whiting, Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 5 days ago #58552 by Anthony W
All good Leong love to hear comments from everyone....what there seeing, thinking and future directions etc, we all learn together ...cheers mate

Worked on this fig today, my game plan is get it a lot wider than currently and my pads starting to form now, with a bigger trim on top and some taken off on inner pads, I left the outside tips for the energy to promote there, steady progress, but seeing something now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: leong, adam k, Chad, Mark

2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #58581 by Anthony W
Next fig,,,,before and after and worked the lower branches hoping to work them back and spur off especially the left in time.
Needs a little more clean out and the divisions/pads starting to take shape, hard to tell from 2D shots and a nice big pad forming out the back, so pretty happy there.

Also starting to bonsai the Blueberry Ash in the back ground...nothing is safe in this backyard :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: leong, JC, adam k, Rod Whiting, Mark

2 weeks 2 days ago #58596 by Anthony W
Cut this guy back the other day and tighten branch placement and fine wiring today, got good branching all around now, so hopefully explodes out the blocks so we get those branches long and sweeping...cheers

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: leong, JC, adam k, Mark, Nanette

1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #58658 by Anthony W
Worked on another one today, this fig was way too busy with 8 to 9 pads and the top, looked good naked and wired up but with a bigger leaf of this unknown species it always looked to busy and bushy when back in leaf so defoliated and removed a few branches to free it up a bit and put it to now 5 pads and the top so hopefully it looks more defined....3 pads visible at the front and two generous pads ones out the back, took bit time taking old leaves and old wire off then putting it back on, but happy with it now... cheers

The following user(s) said Thank You: leong, JC, adam k, Rod Whiting, Mark

1 week 3 days ago #58664 by Jerry Meislik
I like your plan Anthony.

1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #58667 by Anthony W
Thanks Jerry,

Its bugging me not knowing the species, with its very young shoots/leaves lime in colour then turning very dark with age and with a very papery type of leaf and with a long leaf stem, was told it come from northern Australian states it was suggested a hairy fig? hmm,,,and type of Virens? hmm...the mystery carries on :unsure: :)

Anthony

1 week 2 days ago #58671 by Jerry Meislik
Anthony have you ever seen figs/sycnonia on it?

1 week 1 day ago #58679 by Anthony W
Hi Jerry
No figs seen on it in 6 plus years that I have had it...maybe a visit to the local botanic gardens for a look, what do think, as they say difficult without fruit and flowers but know harm in trying I suppose.

Anthony

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds