Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

PJF - Project

4 months 1 week ago #58758 by Anthony W
This trunk started with about 9 2yr old cuttings fused in the ground I believe, most of these bigger trunks that I made were left in ground for about 5 to 7 yrs growing very tall with many sacrifices used to get width and fast track to this stage, quite a few grounds layers were added to all of them to get more flare and to cover wounds.

Alot of root work was done before going into the poly containers and more to come when going into Bonsai pots....A journey here but results are coming :)

Ground layers added

Game plan on :bonsai:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leong Kwong, JC, adam k, Taffy, john , Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago #58759 by Jerry Meislik
Amazing progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony W

4 months 1 week ago #58764 by Rod Lovett
Very nice Anthony, I like the direction you are heading with the styling . It's going to look like a fig.
Cheers Rod
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony W

4 months 1 week ago #58767 by Anthony W
cheers Jerry and Rod, hi Rod yes attempting to grow this next batch of trunks like the local figs in my area, in my observations of them some have a central leader with many radiating out like my trunk and some without the central trunk but still radiating the same, shall be a good challenge :) ...thanks guys

cheers Anthony

4 months 1 week ago #58787 by PeterKB
Looks good Anthony, I think I have his brother here, from a cutting about 15 years ago Cheers Peter

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: leong, Anthony W, Mark

4 months 1 week ago #58790 by Anthony W
Very nice Peter I look forward to watching your progression.

cheers Anthony

4 months 1 week ago #58794 by leong
Pete if it is mine I will strip it down to bare stump. You will not get an even distribution in growth doing what you do. That is just me. Good luck.
Yours sincerely.
Leong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterKB

4 months 6 days ago #58800 by JC
Hi Peter

What does the other side look like?

I have to agree with Leong simply because of what he is meaning is that at the moment you have thick and thin branching and also you have the thickest at the top, meaning it is out of scale.

By doing what he is suggesting will give you more options as you will have a lot more branches pop out to select from, taking it to the next level.

I did what you are doing for a lot of years till the penny dropped.

JC

4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #58801 by JC
Hi Anthony

If it was mine I would do exactly what Leong has suggested Peter do.

I would cut off all the lower branches and just go with the thick leader and build a tree from it using some new branches, it would take it to the next level and make a more powerful tree showing off the kick arse trunk you have.

Can you do a couple of drawings without the lower branches and a tree form on the leader, I'm not suggesting making it any higher.

we can have some designing fun????

JC

4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #58812 by Anthony W
No No No not this time JC :)

I have just done a rough count on the style you suggest, hmm 22 figs i have big and small in that style, finished? and in construction...sorry mate i do not need another fig like that unless you want to give me one :)....these 3 figs I just recently put up are over 11 and 12 inches wide without lifting them out of the flooded medium they are in, they are primed for this type of styling i m attempting, over 95% of figs in my valley and adjoining valleys grow like this......I need a new challenge and I think we need to think outside the box more....variety is spice and I do like those flavours...sorry buddy

Rod s comment nailed it.

took this in the adjoining valley.

cheers Anthony

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, Rod Lovett

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds