Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Black Pine No.3

2 years 7 months ago #54562 by Paul Carey
So this tree needed a bit of tlc.

I took it home clipped, snipped, plucked, unwired, rewired, debugged and repotted phew!

I'm sure the price tag was wrong, but you can't have it back Leong.

Regards
Paul C.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leong Kwong, adam k, Anthony W, john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #54563 by Nathan
Hi Paul,

Leong did a good job giving you plenty of buds all along the branches and nice job on your work.

The crown looks like it has 4 branches coming from much the same spot, which may cause you some inverse taper issues later on. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 years 7 months ago #54564 by Paul Carey
Nathan

Thanks, the photo doesn't pick up all the details in 3D. I have brought the tree little further forward and turned it a little to the right. This kind of creates two leaders, the 'back leader' which I'm in the process of bending further back. What appears to be the 'fourth' branch on the 'front leader' is actually on the 'back leader'. The top needs some thinking and tidying up but I didn't want to take too much off just yet - think twice cut once.

You're right this is a good Leong tree. I walked past it a couple of times then grabbed it!

I also picked up two smaller JBP's, a bit bigger than shoin size, but again excellent stock that Leong has on show.

Paul C.

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #54570 by JC
Hi Paul

Nice stock to start with, did you just put it into that pot or was it in there already?

JC

2 years 7 months ago #54574 by Paul Carey
JC

It's a new pot for this tree. It's a Tokoname pot purchased from the Koreshoff nursery in the 1970's by Jenny Lane. It was never used by Jenny but was part of her collection of pots that I managed to pick up last year.

PC
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds