Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Fukien tea

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #50525 by chook
Hi all, thought I'd share some progression pics of a Fukien Tea that started its journey as a bonsai at a Sunshine Coast Bonsai Group workshop with Bill Valavanis back in 2013, after consulting With Tess at Bonsai Northside up here in Brissie I haven`t trimmed this season just fertilised and am happy with it`s progress, thoughts and comments always appreciated. Cheers Chook

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, Ray Mackaway, Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #50528 by Anthony W
Very nice Chook, I have only ever seen one up close from memory, one of their great features reading and viewing photos and books is their character/feature of a nebari looking like soldier crab legs/or mangrove roots if I can put it this way. Good to see you have a start of some and hopefully more to come. Besides the character they add to the illusion thicker base. They suit this styling too. Looking at photos, yours looks to be progressing great guns and very healthy too.

I read they don't like a frost or direct big sunlight/heat how do go up north with the latter..curious

Anthony
The following user(s) said Thank You: chook

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #50535 by chook
Hi Anthony, No problem with the heat and it gets about 8 hrs direct sun per day, doesn`t appear to mind in the slightest but it gets well watered daily in summer, no frosts here so can`t really say how they like or dislike, It gets covered in little white flowers a couple of times per year so it must be happy enough, I`ve only repotted once in the last couple of years so will take a bit more time with the nebari next repot. thanks for the interest. Cheers Chook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony W

3 years 10 months ago #50536 by Anthony W
Good to know in Australian conditions,thanks for sharing...cheers.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds