Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Leong's Concentrate Fertilizers

8 months 1 week ago #59767 by John Paton
All,

Being a CBS member and having volunteered at the NBPCA I have tendered toward using a fertilizer regime of Powerfeed/Seasol during the Spring but then move to Leong's "Compact" and "Hi PK" at other times of the year - my collection is very healthy.

However I purchased Leong's fertilizer some 2-3 years ago and it dawned on me that, like most other things, that there may well be a Shelf Life for Leong's fertilizer.

Leong and others can you advise.

John(JP)
CBS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #59768 by Leong Kwong
Yes, the guy who manufacture and make these fertilizer for me is no longer with us. So is a bit of a sticky question to answer. I understand everything has got a shelve life. For my own use it comes in 25 liter drum and is stored in the shade under a maple tree in the nursery for the last 3 or so years and just currently ran out. It seen to be fine. But a friend of mine left it in the open he reported it back to me that it has crystallised. I am pretty sure heat plays a big part in the shelve life, in a cool place it might last a lot longer. Sorry this is one question I can't give you a definite answer.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely.
Leong.

P?S I was informed that if it is stored in a cool place the shelve life could be anything like 7=8 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k

8 months 1 week ago #59769 by John Paton
Leong

Thanks mate - it is kept in the back garden shed alongside with all my other bonsai supplies and being in Bungendore it experiences summer at an average of 28 to 32 degrees C and winter averages from -4 to around 8 degrees C.

They have been there for 3 years now and certainly haven't crystallised and while this no definitive test they still smell the same after a shake.

I'll go with the 7-8 years because they will have run out long before then.

Hope to visit during next 6 months

Kind regards

John Paton
CBS
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds