Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× Discussion forum for Rocks & Stones.

A Visit To Mr Kimura's Bonsai Garden - Rock Planti

3 years 9 months ago #52654 by JC
Hi Lindsay

Wow I thought that it was hot here Ok I'll stop complaining. Have you got the humidity with it?

With 40plus I think that you should include a waterfall in each one?

JC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #52655 by Mr Badhair
Hi JC

Yes mate it usually comes with humidity found in the tropics, 3 showers a day are commonplace. I actually played golf one day when it was 49o in the shade (many moons ago when I was a younger man) and when I went into the clubhouse at halfway to get a drink the barmaid said "are you out there playing golf in this heat Lindsay" to which I replied "yes". She asked "are you completely insane" to which I replied "did you actually have some doubt in your head", the conversation finished on that note.
It's amazing how resilient bonsai trees are, and how they can adapt to the local climate (if you can keep them alive long enough to acclimatise). I currently have a Weeping Serbian Spruce & Cryptomeria Japonica which seem to be thriving in this heat and humidity and are still out in the yard with no protection and now I've made that statement they are coming in from the heat tomorrow so I don't tempt fate.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds