Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

liquid amber leaves

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #40781 by jp
l recently posted on this forum about my la leaves drying out and I wanted to attach a pic to see if anyone can help. Let me know if you have any thoughts.
Cheers
Email me any responses to
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #40782 by Ray Mackaway
Hi jp,
You mentioned that you fertilize the tree. What are you useing for fertilizer?

Regards Ray

6 years 4 months ago #40784 by jp
I use osmocote fertilizer. 2 times a month in summer once in winter.

6 years 4 months ago #40785 by jp
You will see from one of the pics that there is new buds sprouting from the bottom of the tree.

6 years 4 months ago #40786 by Ray Mackaway

jp wrote: I use osmocote fertilizer. 2 times a month in summer once in winter.

Hi jp,
Osmocote is a long term fertilizer. It releases over several months. The way I use Osmocote is to add it to the mix during repotting. I put some mix in the pot, sprinkle it with a little Osmocote and mix it in well with the mix. The tree is then placed on top of that mix and the pot is filled with more mix as required. After repotting I would use Seasol until there is signs of growth, then use liquid fertilizer. I use Charlie Carp and Powerfeed. I alternate between the two. One feed will be Charlie Carp and the next Powerfeed. Once I see good growth I then spread some Seamungus on the soil. Seamungus looks like Dynamic Lifter but I consider it to be a very balanced fertilizer.

Regards Ray

6 years 4 months ago #40787 by jp
Hello again.i did spread osmocote throughout the soil mixture and do use seasol fortnightly. I have had the tree for about 6 months now and only in the last 2 has it done this. I will be attending your classes shortly and I am hoping I can bring it in for further assessment.

6 years 4 months ago #40788 by Ray Mackaway

jp wrote: Hello again.i did spread osmocote throughout the soil mixture and do use seasol fortnightly. I have had the tree for about 6 months now and only in the last 2 has it done this. I will be attending your classes shortly What classes do you mean? Are you going to come to the School of Bonsai?and I am hoping I can bring it in for further assessment.

Regards Ray

6 years 4 months ago #40789 by jp
Hi ray. Yes I will Be Attending The Classes in about 4 weeks. This will better enable me to not only further my collection but better educate my self on caring for the.

6 years 4 months ago #40791 by Ray Mackaway

jp wrote: Hi ray. Yes I will Be Attending The Classes in about 4 weeks. This will better enable me to not only further my collection but better educate my self on caring for the.

Hi jp,
I'm sure you will really benifit from attending the School. There is lots of help available, and good advise on how to deal with your trees. Have you any idea at this stage what day or night you will attend?

Regards Ray

6 years 4 months ago #40792 by jp
More than likely it will be the saturday sessions. I am just waiting on a start date at a new job. Currently I have wednesdays and tuesday off. when the new job starts I will have plenty of excess income as well as every weekend off.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds