Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Death of juniper branches

1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #61977 by Oscar Packham
Hello everybody

I'm wondering if one of you can help me with a problem I have with my junipers. From time to time the foliage on a single branch dies off while the rest of the plant retains all of its foliage and otherwise seems healthy. There are two things I'm thinking might cause it:

1. Every few days they get what appear to be fine white cobwebs over the foliage. I clean it off but it reappears. I've tried to show this in one of the attached photos but it's difficult to capture in a photo - try zooming in on the photo. I have maples in the same area and they don't get these cobwebs or dead branches. I have looked to see if there are any bugs on the junipers but I can't see any. I've never seen spiders in the area. Is this a type of pest / fungus which I could treat with a chemical?

2. The problem seems to have gotten worse since I repotted and root pruned the junipers. Perhaps in the process I damaged some key roots? I did not prune them back too much - just enough to fit comfortable in the pot. The pots are all quite large. Is this possible?

Or is it something else?

If you have any advice on this problem, it would be much appreciated!

Thanking you.

Oscar

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds