Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

× The Techniques section is a moderated section of the forum to discuss various bonsai techniques.

All posts to this section must be approved by a moderator first.

Bouganvillea wiring

4 years 11 months ago #48858 by wattynine
I am not condoning this method or refuting it, simply came across it and thought it to be of use perhaps to the broader community.
I captured this in Rockhampton in a front yard, the elderly gentleman was of Indo/Asian descent and could not speak or understand a word of English so questions regarding this method was very limited.
If the photos don't show it, seems the procedure is to drill a hole the same thickness of the wire you are about to use just below or beside the branch about to be wired. It seems also this techniques was for green shoots not established hard wood branches as this was the only shoots available on this young cut stump. Shape the wire to the line of new branch direction that you wish, and then in places, bind the new green shoot to the guideline of wire. Does that make sense? hopefully the photos will.

Anyhooo....... if it helps someone or opens up a line of discussion, all good,
thanks for reading
Watty

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, Anthony W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #48887 by JC
Hi Watty

Looks like old techniques are new again, I have seen this before but years ago & cant remember.

I think that it was one of the Vietnamese I visited a long time ago.

It would be good if you got to visit the back yard, you will be amazed as to what they get up to.

JC

4 years 11 months ago #48893 by Rod Lovett
I wonder if it would be easier to wire how we do,it looks like a bit of mucking around.
Cheers Rod

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds