Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Nerifolia Fig Progression

2 years 2 months ago #58392 by JC
Hi Anthony

Wow, that was brave cutting that lower left branch off, did you do that before or after the re-pot?

JC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #58397 by Anthony W
Cut before the repot, been pondering for awhile JC, every time I watered and walked past, stared, run back to Leong's book page 150 and reassured, yep your next, no flies on me JC...and please no dad jokes at this time, I m still getting over the shock....and I planted its tail, like I really need another fig cutting :) :laugh:

cheers Anthony

2 years 2 months ago #58412 by JC
Hi

You forgot to finish this part.

no flies on me JC. BUT YOU CAN SEE WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Especially me because of the freckles :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony W

2 years 2 months ago #58418 by Anthony W
Couldn' t help your self ,could you :dry: :whistle: :whistle: :laugh:

2 years 2 months ago #58422 by John
Spectacular little nerifolia. Dog got into mine, left me with a half chewed stump, needed to be cut back anyway, dog didn't what I didn't have the confidence to do :laugh:

2 years 2 months ago #58424 by JC
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

2 years 2 months ago #58475 by Rod Whiting
Nice to see the progression showing the time frame of the tree . Goes to show good bonsai are not an overnight thing . That is why many people don't do bonsai because they want it now and have no patience , just ask JC patience is an asset of the old .
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, adam k, Anthony W, Anthony R

2 years 2 months ago #58478 by Anthony W
Thanks Rod,
Couldn't agree more, patience is a huge part of Bonsai, unfortunately perseverance is not a strong suit to a lot of the especially younger brigade when I was in the club it was like a revolving door sometimes, but the odd person (older) would stay which was great and everybody did there best to make them welcome as you do, my shift work got in the road of me attending of late but hopefully back next year, but it has not dampen my enthusiasm.

As you rightly pointed out Rod, all trees must make a journey over many a year and as I try to point out to others enjoy your tree on the way have fun, make mistakes but as Leong always stresses learn, move on try your best not to repeat and/but always enjoy little tree...pretty simple formula I think...cheers Rod

Anthony
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, Rod Whiting, Mark

1 year 7 months ago #60315 by Anthony W
Here we go a our little tree has put on some good growth and health from the last design and I will define the pads next spring.

took some different angle images and lighting and a shot in the rare Australian rain :woohoo:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k, Steve Reeve, Rod Lovett, Taffy, Mark

1 year 7 months ago #60316 by JC
Hi Anthony

Looking good nice and healthy, how are you going with the cold snap regarding frosts?

JC

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds