Juniper Workshop - Saturday March 9th (18 Feb 2019)

Join our exclusive Juniper workshop feature Leong Kwong.

Saturday 9th March, 2019 10am at the Bonsai South Nursery (114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229)
Call to reserve your space – call (02) 9531 4589

Hurry as space is limited! To reserve your spot call (02) 9531 4589 .

www.bonsaisouth.com.au/bonsai-workshop-juniper/

Juniperus Squamata Prostrata Forest

3 years 2 months ago #53820 by Matthew Allam
Leong, How big a tray do you need?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #53821 by leong
Not too sure Mathew. I am still putting trees togather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthew Allam

3 years 1 month ago #53891 by albert bartolozzi
already look good as sigle formal uprights now... looking forward to see how you place them in a forest

3 years 1 month ago #53903 by Leong Kwong
So far I have style 26 individual juniper medium and small. I have also on order 4 trays. 800mm, 1000mm, 1200mm and 1500mm, Fingers crossed hope to get it by June or there about. If time permit hope to have 40 plus junis that I have grown the last 10 plus years all styled. Then, the fun begins. Looking forward to this project and hope there is no hip-cups on the way and everything will go as it should be. Again mother nature is as such any thing could happen, but is still fun and keep me on my toe. How many trees in the final setting, your guess is as good as mine, Just hope everything will fall into place,
Yours sincerely.
Leong
The following user(s) said Thank You: JC, adam k, James Agius

3 years 1 month ago #54008 by Rod Hockings
Going to look great, Leong. I just happen to know where you can get a huge tray. I bought your last Japanese tray from you....... It's yours for $2000 ha ha!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan

3 years 1 month ago #54010 by leong
That is cheap Rod. Sadly is not the right size:( . I have 4 specially made. 800, 1000, 1200 and 1500mm. See if I can now received it in 4 whole pieces.
Yours sincerely.
Leong.

2 years 9 months ago #54845 by leong
Got to root pruned all the juni about 40 of them for this exercise but unfortunately the tray is not big enough even though is 900mm. Looks like I might have to make one from marine ply for the time being till the one I ordered comes in. Here are some pictures of what I was doing today.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: adam k, Anthony W, joel, Mr Badhair, Mark

2 years 9 months ago #54846 by JC
Hi Leong

I think that it will be well and truly worth the wait to see this planted out.

So In the mean time, Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its off to Bunnings Leong goes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony W, George , Mark

2 years 9 months ago #54847 by adam k
Yep definitely looking good
Look forward to seeing the end result

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #54855 by JC
Hi There

BTW forgot to mention I got to see these guys up close and personnel last month, they are stunning.

Leong, just a thought you mentioned about the base made out of marine ply, we didn't speak about the retaining sides?

If you had the ply set up on trestles you could place the trees in as you want them, mark or measure out the oval shape you want to the size close to the pot on order.

For the edges you could use a strip of 0.5mm or 1mm thick galvanized sheet metal, or if there is an aluminum outlet nearby they may have a flat bar size of 25mm / 32mm x 3mm. That could be wrapped around and screwed into the side of the marine ply, after cutting to shape?

If you were going that way I would use 40mm or 50mm long treated pine screws that come galvanized or treated for rust.

Just a thought at 3.55am on a Sunday Morning :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: leong

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds